My rooster is depressed, please help

Update: I have him inside with me to keep him warm and so I can monitor him. He is reluctantly drinking and eating wet chick starter and tomatoes. I’m nervous because he is open mouth breathing and closes his eyes sometimes. He also occasionally poops. Same as previous pics.

Update: I have him inside with me to keep him warm and so I can monitor him. He is reluctantly drinking and eating wet chick starter and tomatoes. I’m nervous because he is open mouth breathing and closes his eyes sometimes. He also occasionally poops. Same as previous pics.

Like I mentioned before- scrambled eggs and honey to stimulate him. Yogurt is also very good along with wet chicken food and/or cooked oats. You are doing all you can, now it’s just a matter of patience and prayer.❤️

54891F0A-4FDF-4F52-A2DD-66B48DD04E24.jpeg
3A8C06B2-166F-4803-A237-DFB8C6538247.jpeg

Please help, my rooster is acting depressed. He had been acting normal in the past months but has recently been acting distant and sad. There are quite a few possible reasons. We have 3 other roosters, 1 of which picks on him occasionally. But nobody ever gets seriously injured. It is obvious that he is at the bottom of the rooster pecking order. He doesn’t have any girlfriends but it hasn’t seemed to really affected him. It is February currently and pretty cold here, his (small ) comb is kinda purple. 😳 But all of the other chickens seem perfectly fine?!?! He does still eat and drink with a little bit of prompting from me. His droppings are very liquidy. Most of the day he just stands inside by himself. I am worried and confused as to whether it is chicken depression, or illness. Please help me, he is a really sweet boy and I want to help him.
what he needs is some vinegar in his water.
And his poops to watery so hes sick alright and his comb is not looking to bright

What you are currently doing sounds good :)

Since I’ve been feeding him it is medium full and squishy. Before, it was pretty empty.

So it's likely that not-eating was at least part of his problem. (Not saying that hunger was the only issue, just that it can make anything else worse.)

Back
Top Bottom