My rooster is depressed, please help

He is breathing with his mouth open and seems less interested in food. 😩

I’m sorry.

We had a cockerel who was just under a year old, head of his little flock, healthy, eating well. Then breathing issue-almost like a throat issue/inflammation/obstruction but we could not see anything in his throat or any inflammation. His comb and wattles also turned purple. He was eating less as his comb turned purple. He ended up dying, but we did not do a necropsy nor did we send him to a lab, so we do not know what the actual issue was.

I am hopeful for your rooster, and I hope he is able to recover. In any event, you are trying your best to help him and to keep him comfortable.

Unfortunately, he has just passed away. I was taking him out to feed him when his head dropped. He had a seizure, and died in my arms. We are taking him to NC State for a necropsy. Hopefully it’s nothing contagious. Thank you all so much for your help. It really helped me have a sense of hope, even if there was none. Once again, thank you. 😔

Unfortunately, he has just passed away. I was taking him out to feed him when his head dropped. He had a seizure, and died in my arms. We are taking him to NC State for a necropsy. Hopefully it’s nothing contagious. Thank you all so much for your help. It really helped me have a sense of hope, even if there was none. Once again, thank you. 😔
:hugs

I’m so so sorry

I am so so sorry. You did all you could. ❤️❤️

Back
Top Bottom