My rooster is sick

Holiwwod

Songster
May 30, 2021
I have a year old or older buff Orpington rooster. All the sudden a few days ago his eye closes and looks weak. His wattle is turning purple and it looks like his legs and feet are turning purple. His mouth stays open now and just stands there looking weak. He seems to have something dripping out of his mouth every now and again. I’m not sure if he need vet rx? Is it a infection or mites? He has drainage out of his nose and gargles.

Last edited:
What is your location? Do you have a picture of your sick rooster? Do you see any eye bubbles, nasal drainage, swollen eyelid or face, sneezing, or gasping? Is it hot? Will he drink water? You can add electrolytes or a bit of sugar to it for a boost. Do you have another rooster who might have injured him? How does his crop in his upper right chest feel—empty, full, hard, or puffy?

What is your location? Do you have a picture of your sick rooster? Do you see any eye bubbles, nasal drainage, swollen eyelid or face, sneezing, or gasping? Is it hot? Will he drink water? You can add electrolytes or a bit of sugar to it for a boost. Do you have another rooster who might have injured him? How does his crop in his upper right chest feel—empty, full, hard, or puffy?
I have a year old or older buff Orpington rooster. All the sudden a few days ago his eye closes and looks weak. His wattle is turning purple and it looks like his legs and feet are turning purple. His mouth stays open now and just stands there looking weak. He seems to have something dripping out of his mouth every now and again. I’m not sure if he need vet rx? Is it a infection or mites?
Simpson Co. I don’t notice wye bubbles. Nasal drainage,I think his eyes and gave or swollen and purple looking. Yes to sneezing and and I assume gaping is his mouth being open? If so yes.won’t drink water. Tried using a syringe to put drops of Electrolytes and that RX in water. No I do not have another rooster so he did not get injured by another rooster. Crop feels empty.

Attachments

• 085CF6A4-3A2A-4763-9F31-C28B06F03DC7.jpeg
    085CF6A4-3A2A-4763-9F31-C28B06F03DC7.jpeg
    532.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 926D068F-5086-4887-8785-4A136A9A110A.jpeg
    926D068F-5086-4887-8785-4A136A9A110A.jpeg
    709.2 KB · Views: 3
I have a year old or older buff Orpington rooster. All the sudden a few days ago his eye closes and looks weak. His wattle is turning purple and it looks like his legs and feet are turning purple. His mouth stays open now and just stands there looking weak. He seems to have something dripping out of his mouth every now and again. I’m not sure if he need vet rx? Is it a infection or mites? He has drainage out of his nose and gargles.
He passed. I had gotten two 2 different times from the same person. Both had similar symptoms and died.

Closed flock?
Don’t bring in new birds and don’t sell any.
If you’ve had diseased birds in your flock it’s unwise to buy new ones that also might contract the disease - and more unwise still to sell possible victims / carriers of the disease.
If you’ve had multiple pass with the same symptoms it’s definitely some sort of contagious disease. Maybe MG. I’ll do some research.

Back
Top Bottom