My rooster killed a hawk ***Pics***

That is awesome! My yard roo, Harley challenged a hawk a few weeks ago. I watched it happen,yet everyone seems to think that it is impossible. He has earned a permenent place in our barnyard!
Good to hear positive roo stories....

celebrate.gif
Heck yes!! AWESOME ROOSTER!!!

I love hawks!! So I feel bad for the hawk but I still think that Smoke should be put in a throne
lol.png

Never lost a chicken to a hawk so don't hate them, but I hate ravens, lost about 20 chickens over all to a single raven. Gratz to you though, 1 less hawk to be eating chickens, you know what type it was?

Quote:
Here where I am at, I just have to report it. Even if I had to kill it, will it was in the process of killing livestock, I would be within my rights to. If I do not report it, even though my rooster kiled it, that would be a problem. I have to call in the am and give them the carcass.

Quote:
Here where I am at, I just have to report it. Even if I had to kill it, will it was in the process of killing livestock, I would be within my rights to. If I do not report it, even though my rooster kiled it, that would be a problem. I have to call in the am and give them the carcass.

Ahh, gotcha. I am guessing you aren't in the United States, then. Here, even if a bird of prey is killed during an attack on livestock, you get slapped with a 10K+ fine. Protection is protection regardless of what the bird was doing.

Quote:

Ahh, gotcha. I am guessing you aren't in the United States, then. Here, even if a bird of prey is killed during an attack on livestock, you get slapped with a 10K+ fine. Protection is protection regardless of what the bird was doing.

You may be right about the birds of prey. In this case, my rooster killed him so I am not worried about it. I am in Florida and know gators can be killed if they are in the process of killing livestock, but you better report it.

Back
Top Bottom