My rooster thinks i am his play thing!!!

shannaharle

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 9, 2011
White City, KS
Ever since he was a baby, if i come outside by myself him and the hens will all come up to me. Peck the bugs off or try to peck freckles or moles or whatever. Anyway, since he has put himself top rooster and is getting some, he will come up to me, do his dance then peck at me. Not hard. If I sit down here he comes running over does his dance then its on again. If i stand up and walk away from him he will stand there and crow like there is no tomorrow. I am the only one that he does this too. Doesn't bother my husband or my kids who are out there with him all the time. They free range so they just run with the kids and dogs out in the backyard. Is there a way to get him to stop this that way it doesn't transfer to the kids? Or what is he really doing?

welcome-byc.gif

He is asserting his authority over YOU! I would stop the behavior right away. Perhaps get up and instead of walking away from him, chase him. Tell him/show him who is boss. Seriously, don't take any of the dancing from him.

Oh no!! One of my roosters is doing this to me, too! I will crouch down to talk to him and he will come up to me, drop his wing, and do his little dance while making his rooster noises. Another one of my sweet sweet roosters (a Partridge Rock) who has always been a mama's boy has been chasing and pecking my feet a few times lately. I hope he is not turning on me too
sad.png
My third rooster doesn't do this to me at all because he is the alpha roo and has his way with the hens....where as the other two roosters don't get a chance with the hens
lol.png

Thanks for all your advice. I need to put a stop to it but I am not sure how to do it. Do I just chase him everytime he starts? Tonight everytime i would walk across the yard here he comes. I just don't know why I am the only one he does this too.

Back
Top Bottom