MY Roosters crow all of the time!!

I have at least 15 chickens 5 of em are roosters. 2 of the full grown roosters a white one and a red one have their own mates. I have 2 more red roosters they are brothers and non seperable they stay together and breed when they have a chance to. My black and white rooster is still hanging out with momma and sisters and their daddy. My problem is my biggest red rooster crows a lot and I have no idea y

My guess is when you have many roos they try to out crow each other when they are trying to establish dominance. I have very little fighting but my roos that are just coming into their "roodom" and probably have their hormones surging crow all the time. My older roos just sit back and take it easy. My very young ones will do the fighting with each other, more play than fight, but are very quiet. They pass through the stages I think. If you arent adding young roos to your flock, I believe you will see things quiet down as they mature and establish their order.

I have gone through many stages with no to few to very many roos and have watched the progression. My policy with roos is they can stay unless they start causing too much of a problem. I have had problems with them fighting but mostly it is over mating and over stressing my hens that causes me to have to rehome them.

I have several roosters but it was the 2 Silkie roos that never shut up----day and night!! I rehomed one of them and now the other one does not crow as much as before. I think that they were calling to each other and each one thought that they should have the last word /img/smilies/lol.png

That is SO CUTE and SO FUNNY! Sounds like sisters or brothers! :') hahaha

Back
Top Bottom