My Roosters Leg

Kgoans2015

Hatching
Jun 20, 2022
My Rooster is 1 Years old and his left leg has something wrong with it. We can not tell what is wrong. I don't see any signs of bumble foot, I'm not sure if he sprained his leg or if it is broken we don't know. He can not walk on it, all he is doing is laying around. I'm really getting worried about him but we don't have the money right now for an expensive vet visit and we don't know what to do. Any suggestions??

Not being able to see a vet will mean you won't know what is causing his lameness. All you can do is try to treat him and see if it helps.

Get some vitamin B-100 complex. Give him one whole tablet each day directly into his beak. Pry open the beak and shove the pill in. He'll swallow. This can heal damaged nerve connections and might help.

Another cause of lameness is dehydration and heat stroke. If it's been very hot where you live, and giving us your location would help, try treating for this with sugar and a pinch of salt and baking soda in his water today.

If these treatments do not help, if he gets worse, then an avian virus, probably Marek's should be suspected.

Not being able to see a vet will mean you won't know what is causing his lameness. All you can do is try to treat him and see if it helps.

Get some vitamin B-100 complex. Give him one whole tablet each day directly into his beak. Pry open the beak and shove the pill in. He'll swallow. This can heal damaged nerve connections and might help.

Another cause of lameness is dehydration and heat stroke. If it's been very hot where you live, and giving us your location would help, try treating for this with sugar and a pinch of salt and baking soda in his water today.

If these treatments do not help, if he gets worse, then an avian virus, probably Marek's should be suspected.
Do you think I should stabilize the the leg as well?

Back
Top Bottom