my rooster's legs and feet are red and he can't walk. I have pic

His foot looks very swollen and infected--bumblefoot. Is the other foot like it? I would get some Procaine Penicillin G at the feed store. It is in the refrigerated medicines. Get 4- 3 cc syringes and some 18 or 20 gauge needles. Give him 0.1 cc (1/10th of a cc or ml into his breast muscle every day for 4 days--alternate sides daily. Soak his foot in warm epsom salts twice a day for 10 minutes.

It is very important if both feet are like this he could be suffering from mycoplasma synoviae. If so, the appropriate antibiotic would then by Tylan50--1 cc or ml into the breast muscle for 3-5 days. Does he have anyblisters on his breast or chest? Here is some info on this disease:http://www.merckmanuals.com/vet/poultry/mycoplasmosis/mycoplasma_synoviae_infection_in_poultry.html

Last edited:
It could by mycoplasma synoviae if both feet and legs are involved. The scabs on the one foot look more like bumblefoot, though. Could you explain more about his previous problems or illness?

Last edited:
He did not grow as fast as the others i thought he was a dwarf
It could by mycoplasma synoviae if both feet and legs are involved.  The scabs on the one foot look more like bumblefoot, though.  Could you explain more about his previous problems or illness?

Is that his belly all bare and red? He may be overcome with mites so treat him for that.

What breed is he?  Could you post a picture of him, plus a picture of both legs?

Back
Top Bottom