My roosters not mating well...

rdrdr

In the Brooder
Nov 26, 2016
Hi guys,
My rooster doesnt mate well he is 3 years old and my hen is quite bigger than rooster so whenever it tries to mate the hen run away ...is there any way to make my hen and chicken to mate and to increase drive in both...guys please help me

He dances around the hen but when he tried to mate she ran away....

The hen is within a year olf and i have only one hen and i am habing it for two weeks....

Since there is only one hen, she may be tired of him breeding her/trying to breed her, and is consequently resisting him. It is hard for a rooster to breed a hen without at least a little cooperation from the hen (crouching, standing still, etc.). I would recommend getting a few more hens for your rooster, or giving the hen a break. Hens more his size would help, too, although roosters tend to be surprisingly good at breeding various sizes of hen.

It just spend two weeks and the hen doesnt lay egg before as it is little more than a chick but its big because of its heredity...will giving a break can cure or can i give more time to get along well...and then mate naturally as they are new to each other...?

I am again saying the problem is the rooster is trying to mate it dances around and when it try to stand on the hen it run away ...

It just spend two weeks and the hen doesnt lay egg before as it is little more than a chick but its big because of its heredity...will giving a break can cure or can i give more time to get along well...and then mate naturally as they are new to each other...?

The hen is within a year olf and i have only one hen and i am habing it for two weeks....
So which is it...."little more than a chick" or "within a year ol(d)"?
If bird is not laying it's not going to mate or produce viable hatching egg even if properly artificially inseminated.

Back
Top Bottom