My roosters were friends but now they hate eachother

we are attached to all of them so getting rid of one isn't an option. how do i get them to stop fighting?
When you add or subtract a chicken you can upset the social order they have established. Flock dynamics change. It is obvious that adding the new chick has upset the social order. I'm not that worried about why, could be different things, but it is obvious that adding it has. I assume when you say you are attached to them all that you are including that chick so you can't do the obvious and get rid of that chick. With your restrictions, what are your options.

Let them fight it out. They may reach an accommodation or one may wind up seriously injured or dead.

Permanently separate the two boys. House them so there is always a fence between them.
I do not see adding more chickens as a solution. They will fight over 25 hens as fast as they will fight over one. I'm not convinced the gender of the current chick matters anyway. It may just represent a "flock" to fight over. To me adding more chickens just means on top of everything else you have to also do an integration.

Back
Top Bottom