My runner ducks are THRILLED!!!!!!!!

crj

Songster
10 Years
Dec 17, 2009
Rocky Point, NC
I am getting tons and tons of rain.
clap.gif
No doubt flooded. We have flash flood warnings right now. I'm in NC on the east coast and have a stalled front and a storm moving up from the south. Lots of water. We have gotten 15" of rain in the past 3 days. We made up for our drought.
yippiechickie.gif

Anyway, my ducks couldn't be more happy. Today they ran from one puddle to another. They couldn't figure out which puddle would be next. I can hear all kinds of squaking, laughing, honking........ you name the sound and they were making it. They are just so darn entertaining!!!!
lau.gif
I do have one problem.
sad.png
I may have to make life jackets or swimmeeeezzzz for my chickens.
ep.gif

While we're not in your boat (haha) right now, here in Western Washington we do get our share of rain.

We call it, "Good weather for ducks."
smile.png

Seriously, though... I hope you do OK with the flooding and all.

We're getting our share in the NC Piedmont too. Looks like it's clearing up a bit this morning, but it's still pretty dreary out there.

Rainy, dreary days are one of the reasons I love ducks. Their enthusiasm makes it feel almost cheerful.

I'm grateful for the rain, but ready for it to clear up because I've got an issue with the tarps over the duck runs--they aren't draining properly, and the weight of the water that collects is bending the support beams for their kennel. Every day I have to go out and drain them manually, which is time consuming, cold, muddy, and a pain in the rear end. Even so, they are causing structural damage to the pens. I need a dry day so I can get up there and remove them--they're not necessary now that the ducks are mature.

Nevertheless, I am glad for the rain--and just in time. My son & I were given day lilies and we planted them at the top of the property where the hose doesn't reach right before the rain came in--yay, we don't have to water them with buckets!

Quote:
we are in wv and its been raining for 3 days.............the ducks are loving it. they are from 1 puddle to the next. quack quack quack. the chickend are all huddled inside their house, looking out throgh the door at the crazy ducks , its so funny.

Yep, still getting tons of rain here on the southeastern NC coast. The ducks just can't seem to get enough of it. Always a new puddle showing up. They are just too funny. I did find one of my ducks limping. May have twisted his flipper foot with all the excitement. I will have to look at him later when they go in there pen. I will have a better chance at catching him. I don't know what made me think I could catch my "runner" duck. Yeah, so they run, I can run too. One thing I forgot.... they have wings and I don't!!!

The ducks just don't get why the chickens are hiding under things. I have to say, the chickens look pitiful all wet......
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom