1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Second Sneezing Chicken!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by kyrose, Oct 10, 2010.

1. kyrose

kyrose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    Hello,ive been treating my cochin roo with duramycin(which isnt working)for 3 days.ive been keeping him in the house.today i notice ive got a silkie hen sneezing.i dont have anywhere to house multiple sick birds.my tsc doesnt have the 100 ml of tylan50,just the larger amounts.im gonna try a different tsc in oh or order it if necessary online.my question is this,can i just keep the sneezing birds with the rest of the flock and just treat the sneezers with the tylan as they get it?as ive said i have no where to house multiple sick birds.
    thanks for any help..

2. kyrose

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    anyone????

3. Caseman

Caseman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    I like to keep the sick ones from the ones that don't have it..

4. tellynpeep

tellynpeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2008
    SW New Hampshire
    I personally wouldn't be throwing antibiotics at the birds just because they are sneezing. Is there any sinus discharge, lethargy, or other signs?

5. kyrose

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    Quote:right now just sneezing and clear discharge out of the nostrils.no other symptoms..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by