My serama breeding, and showing project!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by prizepete, Jan 25, 2016.

1. prizepete

prizepete Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2015
    thanks! She is a little dirty in the pic, it was super muddy and she thinks its fun to roll around in it, I will be selling her eggs and babies in the spring/summer/fall if you want some let me know in the spring!

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    what kind of space will they need to go into? the pens?

3. prizepete

Mar 3, 2015
    they need to go into breeding pens, I have one pen in with my layers because there is no rooster in there, so The serama is the only rooster in there, and I have plans for a coop that I can put two or three Trios into

4. prizepete

Mar 3, 2015
    So Last night I started thinking about When I am going to be hatching, and I think I am going to do two hatches, Maybe three, It depends how they sell, I am probably going to do one in may, and one in late august, I am going to be gone for much of the summer, so I will not hatch when i am not home, That wouldn't be fun. There is a show That I go to in november and they have whats called a futurity and its for birds under 6 months and you can enter a bunch of birds in just one class, so I think I will take them to that show, and sell some too!

5. nchls school

nchls school Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2015

Good luck with your future endeavor.

6. prizepete

Mar 3, 2015
    thanks, Its Exiting, Although, I think one of my hens is Sterile, But she is a class A, So I think that she might be

7. nchls school

Apr 22, 2015

Maybe a dumb question, but why do you think the hen is sterile? Because she has not laid eggs? How old?

8. prizepete

Mar 3, 2015
    I wasn't told how old she was, it is Annabeth, she has not layed an egg, If I had to guess how old she is I would say about 6-9 Months. I am going to give her until October for her to lay an egg, She still is young and none of my layers are laying, but she is about 12 oz.

9. nchls school

Apr 22, 2015

I do not believe it is just her size. The hens that I am currently using are 12- ounces. I do not know what you are feeding, a large part of my hen's diet consists of layer mash and hard boiled egg crushed with the shell. And all the veggies they can eat.

10. nchls school

Apr 22, 2015

The picture of Annbeth looks to be a hen that should be laying. Comb is larger and all is redder.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by