My serama breeding, and showing project!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by prizepete, Jan 25, 2016.

1. prizepete

prizepete Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2015
    Well, I have a 10 oz hen that Is laying, I think I read that they can sometimes not be fertile, even though a smaller hen is laying, I am feeding them Layer feed, and they have Small Gravel that they eat as grit, I am going to scramble some eggs for them later, someone gave me some eggs that I don't want to incubate so I will feed some of that!

yeah, It keeps getting bigger, I am going to give her some time, Thanks for the help!

2. nchls school

nchls school Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2015

I believe, as with my hens, that there is a great chance that Annabeth is not sterile. I also provide all the oyster shell they want.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I love Nemo

4. prizepete

Mar 3, 2015
    ok thanks! I will give her some more time

5. prizepete

Mar 3, 2015
    Haha thanks for visiting my thread! I love her too! The Breeder I got the eggs from Has a bunch of eggs for sale on ebay!

6. prizepete

Mar 3, 2015
    I am so Exited, I girl in my 4-H group Is looking for some seramas so I will probably be selling some to her in the spring! My first possible sale!

7. solomine

solomine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2014
    Hi prizepete,

I saw that you mentioned that you got your eggs from a breeder on ebay. Which breeder did you buy your eggs from?

I'm a little afraid of getting eggs from ebay since I've heard so much about dishonest sellers on there, but have not had any luck finding breeders near me (northern California) who sell or ship eggs that carry the frizzle or silkie gene.

8. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    awesome!!!

9. prizepete

Mar 3, 2015
    Hi there, I Have bought eggs from ebay twice, One was a great Experience, and the second breeders eggs where not only not fertile at the time, but They where shipped horribly. the good Breeder is decaturdude

On a sad note, Nemo was very weak when I got home yesterday and died last night

1 person likes this.
  10. solomine

solomine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2014
    Sorry to hear about Nemo.. [​IMG]
    She was so cute! RIP :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by