My serama breeding, and showing project!

I collected mine too, but replaced them with dummy eggs so the hen goes broody; and she will go broody. I just don't want her brooding her own eggs-those we will eat. I'm hoping to have eggs shipped soon and this hen is a great brooder and mother. Not a good example of serama.

thats good that you know and won't keep those eggs

ok I went to a show Yesterday And I did really Well! in serama tt shows there are different tiers and everyone shows in the first one, than you can get called back, the only one of mine to get called back was my silkied, pebbles. It was me and one other silkied female, mine got champion, so I got called back for their 3, which is when all of the females go together and compete for champion and reserve champion, Pebbles got reserve champion in this tier, so she did not get to compete for grand champion of show, but I am very proud and at the next show she has a chance!

ok I went to a show Yesterday And I did really Well! [COLOR=333333] in serama tt shows there are different tiers and everyone shows in the first one, than you can get called back, the only one of mine to get called back was my silkied, pebbles. It was me and one other silkied female, mine got champion, so I got called back for their 3, which is when all of the females go together and compete for champion and reserve champion, Pebbles got reserve champion in this tier, so she did not get to compete for grand champion of show, but I am very proud and at the next show she has a chance![/COLOR]
ok I went to a show Yesterday And I did really Well! [COLOR=333333] in serama tt shows there are different tiers and everyone shows in the first one, than you can get called back, the only one of mine to get called back was my silkied, pebbles. It was me and one other silkied female, mine got champion, so I got called back for their 3, which is when all of the females go together and compete for champion and reserve champion, Pebbles got reserve champion in this tier, so she did not get to compete for grand champion of show, but I am very proud and at the next show she has a chance![/COLOR]

That is so great! Pebbles is a wonderful bird. Congratulations. Good luck with the next show.

Pebbles needs a tiara!!!!
ya.gif
Congrats sweets!!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

296ln6b.png

Thanks I like her a lot, I am Trying to get her to go broody so That I can have some chicks from her, She gets to 

When I want a hen/s to go broody, I take the time to make sure they have their own nest and let nature take over-I leave their eggs in the nest: Splash laid 5 eggs and went broody-Pearl laid 10 eggs and went broody-and little Frizzy is clucking so it won't be long...

thanks!

bahaha sally! I think she needs one too!

Last edited:

thanks. I have left a few eggs in nesting boxes, one of my large hens decided to sit on serama eggs so i will probably let her set on those, well see

its been a while since my last update here, there hasn't been anything to update, but I now have some news, its not good news either. I Lost Bellatrix to our dog, I am so sad, And Nugget is all alone and I am hoping to get him some more hens soon from a local breeder

its been a while since my last update here, there hasn't been anything to update, but I now have some news, its not good news either. I Lost Bellatrix to our dog, I am so sad, And Nugget is all alone and I am hoping to get him some more hens soon from a local breeder

I had to look back to see which was Bellatrix. Such a shame to loose such a beautiful hen.

Back
Top Bottom