My Seramas arrived, but....

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Sir Birdaholic, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

There were 10 instead of 12. (5 roos & 5 hens.) They are FULL of mites & have lots of feather loss. They will be beautys someday. I have treated them for the first time today. I will be culling about 3 roos when they get better. One is about the same size as my Black tailed Buff Japanese banty. I have a Spangled banty that's smaller than all of them.They WERE freebies, so I can't complain, except the way they were kept. A 93 year old woman in Miss. just couldn't take care of her animals anymore. When I get ready to cull roos, I'll post. I haven't weighed them yet, but guessing class C & D. I'll post pics when they look better.

2. SunshineSteedFarm

SunshineSteedFarm Seramatching Equestrian

Aug 18, 2009
    Georgia
    Hope they get better soon! [​IMG]

--SSF

3. Glad they are in your hands now , sure you will make them feel much better.Will be watching for pics !

Fay

4. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Awww, poor seramas. I hope they feel better soon... I'm sure you'll take great care of them.

5. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Glad there with you !

6. juliecox

juliecox Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Arlington, TX
    Poor critters! I bet they're really happy to be in your care!

7. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] They've been eating everything in site! They're in good hands now. A lot of care & a little time is all they need. I got my first egg, but, it had several holes pecked in it. We'll get THAT diet straightened out! Just love 'em. [​IMG]

8. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Well....... the lady was 93...... she probably couldn't see their condition very well... LOL

9. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    Can't wait to see pictures! Sounds like they need some TLC, but they are definitely in the right hands now! [​IMG]

10. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I'm glad she seen she could not care for them and found them a good home. Kudos to you for taking them in and caring for them [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by