my shocking addiction and hoarding shows

Quote:
don't waste your time.....it's a sickness.....this country is obsessed with weird and outrageous behavior...It's Jerry Springer syndrome. Turn off the crap and go read a book or plant a garden or volunteer...do something decent with your time and try to counteract the horrible karma these "reality" people are spewing into the world.

I agree!
wink.png

I can't stand to watch those kinds of shows. They frustrate me. Hoarders in general frustrate me, since there is no reasonable answer to WHY????? My mom is a bit of a hoarder, not of trashy stuff, but more of a shopping addiction. I just can't take any more of it than I have to.

I watch all the crime and law and ER type shows, and Burn Notice and Lie to Me. But really, I don't watch that much tv very often. We didn't have one for about 3 years, and even now it stays off for several days at a time. I tend to watch it when I have to work a "split shift" coz I don't want to get dirty or busy doing something and then have to clean back up for work in 2 hours, easier to just laze around for a couple of hours. Now, the computer, that is my biggest time waster
hide.gif

Quote:
don't waste your time.....it's a sickness.....this country is obsessed with weird and outrageous behavior...It's Jerry Springer syndrome. Turn off the crap and go read a book or plant a garden or volunteer...do something decent with your time and try to counteract the horrible karma these "reality" people are spewing into the world.

I agree totally! I cant stand reality shows and have never watched any of them...no, I'm lying...I did watch a few minutes of one of the first Survivor shows and turned it off after 5 minutes. I am so so so sick of reality shows! They are not entertaining in the least and are insulting at the worst! I know a lot of folks love them, but I just cant see any entertainment value in any of these shows.

Quote:

I agree totally! I cant stand reality shows and have never watched any of them...no, I'm lying...I did watch a few minutes of one of the first Survivor shows and turned it off after 5 minutes. I am so so so sick of reality shows! They are not entertaining in the least and are insulting at the worst! I know a lot of folks love them, but I just cant see any entertainment value in any of these shows.

I agree. I try to watch them and people say to watch them because they're like trainwrecks... but I don't stop to look at trainwrecks either. I can't stand watching people be hurt, destroyed and then taken advantage of by the cable companies making a buck off their illnesses for the sake of a show. Not only do these people not get help, the act of the show encourages it, and they end up worse off then they started. Betya chicken hoarder lady got PAID to be on that show - and bet ya she bought chickens with that money. (I actually didn't see that either, just links to people talking about it).

Every time the shows come on, we change the channel - but we don't watch TV much anyway. I love books, mostly. I like to read books on canning and jarring and gardening - productive things that make my life a more complete place - instead of focussing on how crap everyone else's life is, I just make mine better.

But I know some people love the shows. Lots of my friends do. And they think I'M the weird one for not watching them - so.. to each their own.

Back
Top Bottom