My silkie died and injured Black Marans! Graphic pics

Quote:
Spanish 3 I am the oposite of you I can do science if its Enviromental or Ecology but I cannot do math at all
sad.png
I am a heck of a writer when I focus though if I do say so myself. I got some pretty good SAT's also so hopefully I get in to college where I want to go. Its only junior year so I shouldn't worry to much.

Henry

Quote:
Thanks I just went back out and I got my fist Marans egg in two months though
hmm.png
I really want to find out what happened.

Henry - I really think you had a predator of some sort. I know that sometimes chickens will gang up on a weaker girl, but when I have had that problem, the weak one would be hiding behind a feeder or in a nest box or something like that. And for your Silkie girl to have her neck snapped seems too much to be a chicken attack.

Check around for paw prints / tracks. Although as cold as it is here the ground most likely is frozen.

Really sorry about your Maran girl.

Quote:
Thanks thats what I was thinking to but Peachick said that is could have been a respritory thing and that I might have to treat them as the last girl was trying to breath so hard. They both had discharge from their nose and mouths but it literally looked like the silkies brain was crushed but the Black Marans died in the coop during the night and she also had some discharge. Were do you get Tylan around here? I just want to have it to make sure. I really can't believe that this was in illness but maybe it was. I have not heard any other birds wheezing or sneezing but I will check them all better soon.

Henry

Thanks,
Henry

Quote:
Nope but I am going to call the Mill Hereford where I get my feed to check if they have it. If not we will be making a trip to a Tractor Supply or Southern States soon.

I think she got hers at her feed store not sure where that is though. Hereford does not have it but Bel Air does so I am going to call Bel Air just to make sure that they actually have it. She gave me instructions for treating with it so I just need the product now.

Thanks,
Henry

Back
Top Bottom