My silkie Ellie Mae is defective!

Quote:
Let's not forget she's got Jersey Giants, too!
lol.png

Quote:
lol.png

Still not sure what they are. Not sure they are JGs at all. Keep meaning to take a picture. Especially of the one that is 9 weeks old and still not feathered.
hu.gif

A.T. Hagan :

What is this I see? Gritty, of the eleventy one different threads moaning about broody birds is complaining that one of her Silkies isn't going broody!

You're busted! You realize that Sourland will now go into feverish overtime to see to it that every female bird on your place will get in the mood. Even the roosters are going to want to set!
lol.png
tongue.png
lol.png
tongue.png
lol.png

Not once in my OP did I say I wanted another broody, only that I have a defective silkie that isn't going broody.
tongue.gif

I actually live in dread of her going broody; especially right now when it's all I can do in this heat to provide the chickens with their basic care needs.
hide.gif

Quote:
lol.png

Still not sure what they are. Not sure they are JGs at all. Keep meaning to take a picture. Especially of the one that is 9 weeks old and still not feathered.
hu.gif

Was the bin marked at all? Maybe you got some nice BAs, that would be great for egg sales.

Quote:
hu.gif

Was the bin marked at all? Maybe you got some nice BAs, that would be great for egg sales.

It said 'sexed heavy pullets'. A few folks suggested black sex links, but that doesn't make sense either. First of all, I don't consider sex links to be a heavy bird. Second, the feather-less wonder is more than likely a roo and he looks just like the others - or did before they started getting feathers and he didn't.
idunno.gif

They're going to be pretty birds, but are very skittish. That's partly my fault, as I didn't handle them alot, but the polish haven't been handled either and they are not near as skittish as these others are.

Weirdest part of all is that I haven't named the black ones. That's usually the first thing I do. I do sometimes call the little bare one the featherless wonder, but that's not really a name.

Last edited:
Quote:
Godiva

Strange name for what I'm almost positive is a little roo. Then again I do have a little cockerel named Dyson.
tongue.png

Quote:
Godiva

Strange name for what I'm almost positive is a little roo. Then again I do have a little cockerel named Dyson.
tongue.png

I have weirder names. Unfortunately all those chicks I hatch throughout the year are sold and ALWAYS the ones who I really like and unconsciously name are roosters. Some examples are That Abnormally Fat One, Toenails, Nice A$$, Steven Randall, Michael Joseph (jackson
tongue2.gif
) and Zoidberg. Oh, and Chook Norris.

Back
Top Bottom