MY silkie story. ~****PIC HEAVY****~

I set my silkie hen's egg in the incubator and I am waiting to see if it is fertile. I am also waiting on some quail but its my first time hatching them so I don't know what to expect and I am very anxious...

Yeah. lol sometimes I give them frogs for a treat. but only the small ones.. I thought I had got lucky and had got two very sweet chicks, but, after getting my other one and seeing other peoples posts i now realize that the entire breed is mostly sweet and calm!

Oh my gosh, they are all like that. I like to carry mine around with me and they love it. If you can handle the broody that is!

That's awesome! I'm hoping to have that reaction this spring with the babies I'll be getting. I can't keep a rooster and I can't find hatching eggs to set under them. So...right now Lucy is sitting on an empty nest again. I'm buying chicks and hopefully when I put them outside the silkies will do well with them.

sorry for the loss
hugs.gif
i just bought two silkies 2 days ago and im hoping they will be as sweet as everyone says they are.
BTW i love your silkie hen
love.gif
so pretty!

im sry for your loss, i know the new baby cant replace the old one but at least you have pics, and memories of him/her. They are all pretty cute birds! Good luck!
hugs.gif

they
im sry for your loss, i know the new baby cant replace the old one but at least you have pics, and memories of him/her. They are all pretty cute birds! Good luck!
hugs.gif
The rooster got killed by something awhile ago and so did the hen :( But recently I got a cuckoo and a paint silkie and they are very sweet! they are still in the brooder in my room. The egg I set from the hen hatched but died from choking on food one day
he.gif
but I have moved on.

Back
Top Bottom