My single ladies...

chickenfever417

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 23, 2013
Nixa Mo
My Coop
My Coop
Who knew that a couple of birds could bring someone so much joy. Never expected that part of raising back yard chickens. I sit out by the coop and watch them daily. Sometimes only a few min and sometimes I could fall asleep.

These girls have not started laying. I am about to go crazy waiting. LOL I do believe they are close to laying I HOPE!!!!!

The Chicken Coop...

Darth Chicken (Black sex link)

Daisy (white Wyandotte)

Darlene (production Rhode Island Red)

My girls do not free range so I grow Deer mix for them

I want to get a sign that says "NO BOYS ALLOWED" and hang on the coop

Hahaah.. good one.... nice pullets.... they are close to laying... and soo darn cute coop....

Hahaah.. good one.... nice pullets.... they are close to laying... and soo darn cute coop....
Thanks!!!! I had to make it cute to convince my husband
love.gif
It is just an old doghouse that I painted, sat on cinder blocks and added a nesting box I bought online. A lot of scraps went into the base it sits on. We had to buy the run material.

I also live in a city suburb...so I wanted the neighbors on board and love it....and hopefully detour them from complaining, so far so good
fl.gif
Now, I just need eggs!!!!!!

Great pics! I have two black sex links named Spock and Kirk :) one of my red sex links is named Mother Clucker because she can be a bit mean. I just love the fun names people come up with.

My girls are 14.5wks old and I decided today that I'm going to start checking the nesting boxes at least every few days. I know it's not common for them to start so young but that it can happen. One of my BRs, Lucy, has gotten an extremely red face, wattles, and comb and I know that is one of the signs of laying.

Thanks!!!! I had to make it cute to convince my husband
love.gif
It is just an old doghouse that I painted, sat on cinder blocks and added a nesting box I bought online. A lot of scraps went into the base it sits on. We had to buy the run material. I also live in a city suburb...so I wanted the neighbors on board and love it....and hopefully detour them from complaining, so far so good
fl.gif
Now, I just need eggs!!!!!!
That's a great job that you done...you have to expect them to make a bit of noise when they start laying.. because before and after laying an egg they sing a loud song that is a bit noisy.... so you can keep in mind to offer some fresh eggs for the neighbors to calm them down and so they will love your chickens more.... keep us updated about the egg layin... and the neighbors ;)

Great pics! I have two black sex links named Spock and Kirk :) one of my red sex links is named Mother Clucker because she can be a bit mean. I just love the fun names people come up with.

My girls are 14.5wks old and I decided today that I'm going to start checking the nesting boxes at least every few days. I know it's not common for them to start so young but that it can happen. One of my BRs, Lucy, has gotten an extremely red face, wattles, and comb and I know that is one of the signs of laying.
Mother clicker.....hahahahahahahah that is brilliant for a mean one. Spock and Kirk are funny names too....the BSL are very dark and evil looking at first. Mine has grown on me and become one of my favorite. I think she is beautiful now and by far the most photogenic :)

Who knew that a couple of birds could bring someone so much joy. Never expected that part of raising back yard chickens. I sit out by the coop and watch them daily. Sometimes only a few min and sometimes I could fall asleep.

These girls have not started laying. I am about to go crazy waiting. LOL I do believe they are close to laying I HOPE!!!!!

The Chicken Coop...

Darth Chicken (Black sex link)

Daisy (white Wyandotte)

Darlene (production Rhode Island Red)

My girls do not free range so I grow Deer mix for them

I want to get a sign that says "NO BOYS ALLOWED" and hang on the coop

We too sit with the girls in the evening. As a treat and good health, I let them out for an hour or 1 1/2 hrs to forage while we sit and chat, work in the yard, etc. The more they hear my voice the easier it is to get their attention. When it gets to a certain darkness, they head for their coop/pen and go to bed for the night. I don't have to do anything except close the door behind them and make sure they are secure. They follow us where ever we go in the backyard. They follow my family members to the back gate when they head for home next door wanting to go with them. Looking for treats. I like the idea of planting the Deer Mix in a pan for them. Where do I purchase the deer mix? I enjoyed your pics of your girls, too. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom