my six month old silkie started squatting today!!! eggs are near!!

Well i will likely eat that egg, id hate to waste it! Now every single time I come near penny she instantly squats down and puts her head down. Ive been giving her pets when she does it. She won't do it for my husband or child just me. I guess she really does think I'm the rooster. Before she started laying penny was my most shy girl. She was not like the others who love to OK be held and petted. Now that's completely changed she follows me en around now and I even have to move her when I clean their area. Its so strange how she can change so much since laying her first egg. Very interesting how that happens.

So true! She gave me another little egg this morning! So cute and so tiny!!! She is so proud of her eggs! I'm so happy! Gave her a little oyster shell and she loved it!! No signs the other girls are ready yet. Just little penny. Maybe soon hopefully!

Go Penny! Sounds like egg laying has turned her into one proud little Silkie, she knows she is special! Funny she is so convinced you are the rooster, and not somebody else. Are you going to let her hatch eggs if she goes broody?

No sadly I AM the only rooster I have lol!!! Don't think she will get many fertile eggs from me!! Id love to hatch her eggs because she is a beautiful little girl but I can't have any roos where I live so, I won't be able too. Id love to breed her but I can't.

Back
Top Bottom