My Small Scale Coop Build

thumbsup.gif
Good Job! Can't wait to see it finished!
pop.gif

Thanks everyone for the compliments and suggestions. I made a home depot run today and picked up some supplies. I only had time to finish skinning the back and side, and lay some tar, then cut the first upper windows before it got dark. And yes there will be a door with handle courtesy of the home depot
cool.png

The inside is actually fairly large, about 3.5 feet to the roof and the roof is another 2 feet tall so I'll have room for roosts. I only plan on 6 chickens or so calling this home so I think I've partitioned enough room for it.

IMG_20111223_163731.jpg

Here's where she lies now.

-S

I didn't get too much done today on account of it being Christmas Eve. But I did cut in the lower windows and add the front door awning and stoop.

Merry Christmas everyone !

dpr.jpg

Merry Christmas again everyone. I got the plexy in the front as well as started in on the siding to get an idea what it will look like.

Glassed.jpg

Last edited:
I love your coop! it looks great so far. I have one question or piece of advice you have what as a roofer I would call "dead space" or "roof pool" where your valley on the side gable runs in to your main structures other "eyebrow gable". Theses are a pain in the ass to flash properly and will often lead to premature rot or leeks. I know its kinda late in the game as far as your design goes but if you could change the slope of the connecting roof so that it comes all the way out to meet the eave of the other roof it would work much better. Or you could just caulk the @%#$@ out of it and hope that its good enough. I hate to be a downer but I just thought I would give my two cents. I do think its a beautiful coop and I am definitely thinking I would like to build something like this in the future. Keep up the good work

Quote:
I agree with you on that. I was thinking of putting in another fill panel to eliminate the dead spot or just making something from tin under the shingles to get rid of the dead spot. I'll take a look tomorrow and see what seems best.

I'll grab some pictures of the inside of the coop next time I'm out there too.

I got a bit more done in the past two days before I got either distracted hunting or it started to rain.

IMG_20111227_140640.jpg

Back
Top Bottom