My son wants an "ugly" chicken

Here's an example of one of my mixed breeds.

This is Bigfoot, a mix of Mille Fleur D'uccle/OEGB X Silkie.
20201111_151051.jpg

He wants a Dong Tao so bad but if I decide to fork out the money for one I feel like the hardest part is going to be finding one that I trust the breeder enough to actually purchase some.
A couple G would be cheap.. if you find them in the US and fork out that sort of dough.. well, I'm in my 40"s but always hoped I would find out I was adopted or mixed up at the hopsickle... :oops:

Mama, you found me!! :hugs

:lau

Seriously though.. please try and let me know. :gig

Araucana are NOT rumpless in every standard.. example is the UK.

B to the S dear misinformed chicken friend.. ;)

Silkie is a chicken and can hold their own with the best of them in rain, large fowl pecking order, lay rate, free range, etc.. I bred them for a few years.. they don't adjust easily to sudden changes and SOME aren't the sharpest tool in the shed.. But they should not be poopoo'd in the way that folks try to make us think their too fragile and should be kept under blanket lock and key.. :yesss:

I keep a stag pen with rooster as well.. The bantam boys know it isn't about the size of the chicken in the fight but the fight in the chicken. Shipping IS a bit harder on bantams.. but beyond that.. it's people who are delicate. :)
I think I am stuck with the impression from constant pictures of them rumpless. Lol

Back
Top Bottom