My soon to be new coops!!

Barnyard

Addicted to Quack
12 Years
Aug 5, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Not sure where I should have posted this, but I figured it would be better here because I am rambling
gig.gif

I went to pick up some pallets yesterday that were beside the road. They were made pretty good and I figured I could use them to make a coop with. Well when I got there they were gone. Now mind you this was a 45 minute drive. As I turned around to leave I saw these huge stacks of wood. They looked liked walls that somebody had just stacked up. OH my goodness. Upon further inspection they were shipping crates that had been taking apart in sections. I quickly went in the building and asked what they were going to do with them. They told me to get all I wanted there are free. I almost jumped out of my skin. I could not get them in the truck, so I had to drive all the way back home , get another truck and trailor and go back. Luckely we got there before they closed and the men used a forklift and loaded my trailor for me. Did I luck up or what
celebrate.gif
I am headed back today to get some more if they are not all gone. Just thought I would share.

Last edited:
Nice find. I called dibs on a shipping crate at work as soon as I saw it, unfortunately by the time I was given the ok to get it two of the walls had been taken by another employee!!!
barnie.gif
Ruined my plans but still got some nice tongue and groove and various other pieces. You must post some pics when you get building
ya.gif
thumbsup.gif

I lucked up and found these beside the road. The guy I talked to said that the crates carried big machine's of some sort. Sorry that I all I know. I will find out more tomorrow.

I went back yesterday to get more and they were all gone, ugh!! I was so upset.

pallets are great things .. I use them for lots of things around here. Under the dog houses to put the feeders & waters on ..in their kennels to get them off the ground .the best part is they are FREE
Cheryl

Back
Top Bottom