My Stucco chicken coop, on the works..........

Nava

I Got The Naked Neck Blues
10 Years
Aug 2, 2009
Ocala Fl
well, here we are finally building a coop to my liking
big_smile.png
it's going to e just for them to sleep in and keep the food dry, they will have a 12X16 run, 1 roost on each end of the coop,right nest to the arch windows,and a big door for me to get in there and clean and stuff, with an attic as a storage, and 2 next boxes on the back of the coop, and a ramp for them to get down.
here is what I got so far, Ohhh and it's going to get Stucco, I think I want a float finish
big_smile.png

Back
38176_coop_002.jpg

38176_work_004.jpg

38176_work_005.jpg

38176_work_006.jpg

38176_coop_033.jpg

Front
38176_coop_025.jpg

38176_work_007.jpg

38176_coop_032.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
the floor is going to be welded wire mesh 1/2"X1" plus the window openings that are going to have wire mesh too and there is an opening on top around the whole coop, wire mesh soffit for the air to flow,I hope that next week we have the Stucco done.
thanks.

Wow, this coop is AMAZING. Very good so far. This is getting me motivated to post pics of mine. Tomorrow, if i can remember to take them.

That is looking really great. Your chickens will be in heaven there.
I have a friend who has a raised coop with wire mesh flooring. She has huge plastic bins she slides under the flooring to catch all the poop in them. Then to clean, she pulls them out and dumps them into the compost pile. Its very efficient. She does have wood sides around the outside of the coop floor that reach the ground to discourage predators, I guess. The sides have hinges at the top and she just pulls them up to get the bins out. I am seriously thinking of doing that here where the weather is pretty mild. It beats shoveling out the wood floors lol.

Back
Top Bottom