My Stucco chicken coop, on the works..........

Quote:
It's going to be out of wood, but not Ply-wood DH said it was a surprise, all I know is Wood, * I can't wait either
big_smile.png
)

If you do find that the wire floor is not working the way you expected, it's a simple enough problem to fix by laying a piece or two of plywood down over the wire and putting down bedding and maybe adding a poop board to make clean up easier.

We have a welded wire floor in half of our coop(the half that has the roosts). LOVE IT! If it's uncomfortable on the chickens feet, good it'll keep em outside when they should be outside! 95 percent of the poop falls through, mostly only what gets caught on fluff sticks.

Oh my gosh! This is one of the coolest coops I've ever seen, and will make for an amazing BYC Coop Page <HINT!!>
big_smile.png

I don't know if I've ever seen a stucco coop before, but my dad would have been so impressed! He was a plastering contractor pretty much his whole life and would have loved to have seen this!

thumbsup.gif

Ok, seeing those pics of the boys helping with the stucco I decided to dig up some pics of my dad plastering with his dad... the first 3 pics were taken in 1935 when my dad was only 4!

DH was reading and said What boys ?
lau.gif
he is the one in the green shirt and the other one is my boy 13years old​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom