My stupid phone killed my ducks

obsessed

Songster
12 Years
Jan 3, 2008
Slidell, LA
So the last two days I was waiting for the call from the post office to pick up my order of ducklings. And I never got the call.

I have the charter bundle package and well sometimes the phone line dies on my side. You never notice it till you want to talk on the phone and there is no dial tone.

Today was the last day for them to arrive and I call the post office and got really yelled at by the postlady. They tried to call yesterday but the phone didn't work. All but 3 died and cause we never picked up the phone they called the humane society to pick them up.

This sucks.
sad.png

sad.png
We got rid of the Charter phone and went back to Vonage after a 3 day stint of no phone
sad.png
Bad Charter!
tongue.gif

So sorry about your ducklings
hugs.gif

OMG! It's not like you did it on purpose. Yeah it's horrible but you didn't know the phone was out of order right? I am so sorry!
hugs.gif

I always call the P.O. first thing on the morning I expect delivery, then if not there, I call again the next morning and so on. It prevents this sort of tragedy.
sad.png

THere is a reason why i dont have a landline anymore. THey only way to get a hold of me is on my cell or as w e krauts call it "handy"
die hean die schnur vergesse.

Last edited:
So, let me get this straight, the postlady heard the baby ducks chirp, chirp, chirping for 2 days and just let them die? I'm very sorry this happened to you. It's probably against the law to open up your package, even if they know those ducks are going to die. Our system hard at work for ya...............
roll.png

Another reason I love living in a small town, they would have brought them to me and check on me if I didn't answer the phone for 2 days. Kind of like Green Acres....................
wink.png

Sorry again for the ducks.

So sorry to hear about your ducks. That is really too bad. Maybe next time you could call them each day until they arrive. I am thinking you must have a po box or you could tell them to leave you a pickup card. When my chickens came they called me at 4:30 in the morning from the mail station not the post office. That's really too bad.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom