My sweet goose, Gerdie, laid her very first egg!

Egg #3 yesterday! I've been blowing out the shells and saving them to paint, and this one went into a yummy batch of oatmeal cookies!
Congrats, is she laying every other day now? and did you make a double batch of cookies or just reg and had some very chewy cookies, which are my fav by the way.
big_smile.png

awesome! I just got a year old toulouse goose yesterday - can she start laying at any time now, with or without a partner? (she just got a partner too but they are pretty wary around each other so far -but it's only been 24 hours LOL!) I am on a steep learning curve with never having had geese before! thanks for any info!

awesome! I just got a year old toulouse goose yesterday - can she start laying at any time now, with or without a partner? (she just got a partner too but they are pretty wary around each other so far -but it's only been 24 hours LOL!) I am on a steep learning curve with never having had geese before! thanks for any info!
Once she gets settled in and feels comfortable she start to lay. with or without a partner. with though you'll soon have fertile eggs which means goslings could be in your future. [only if you want them though] So wheres the pics?

Egg #4 this morning! The last was day before yesterday... hope she keeps it up! I'm so proud!
wee.gif
(Like I actually had something to do with it, HA!)
LOL yep really, I felt like I was the expectant father yesterday and mine was laying her first one.
tongue.png

Oh and Congrats!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom