My tailess Call duck Story, (graphic pics included)

Here's an UPDATE on Rumpy, we are 4 months and 2 weeks old... First he or she grew up and dumped the chicken, now it hangs out with the other ducks. I'm not sure what it is because with boys they have that little curl on there tails but remember, Rumpy has no tail. So I guess will have to just assume it's a girl. LOL

Last edited:
Her wings are the Longest thing on her body. LOL OMG, is that a slight tint of BLUE on her wings???? I never noticed. But I love the stripes the back of her wings....

How is she doing with feather oil? I remember you had a problem with that last time you posted.
Well she avoids going swimming, she'll walk threw puddles but that's about the most of it. She lays in the grass about 85% of the time, the other 15% is walking around looking for worms. LOL, so she's managing all on her own.. We were having a problem with the others kicking her out of the group but now they all have accepted her and I don't think they even know she's missing the tail. They treat her just like a normal duck but I haven't seen anyone try to mate with her or I haven't seen her try to mate with anyone. So I still don't know if it's a girl or boy, I don't see the green head that's why I'm thinking girl but maybe because of her problem that will take longer then normal.. I have no clue but she doesn't swim or try to fly.

Well does she quack? Or does she have a raspy voice? You should be able to tell male or female by now based on voice sexing. Call ducks are pretty easy that way

Well does she quack? Or does she have a raspy voice? You should be able to tell male or female by now based on voice sexing. Call ducks are pretty easy that way
HUMM I couldn't tell you I have not heard her, when I get close she just gets up and walks away. unlike the other that will Yek YEK YEK at you.. LOL never really heard her make a sound, most of the time she's just chilling in the grass.. Now I think I will go chase her just to get her to talk. LOL..

A mystery duck! yeah, i was gonna say those females.. quack, quack... quack! i ended up with two more lol so now i have a quad, poor drake needs a bull horn to be heard!

Back
Top Bottom