My teen thinks we might have a roo

SchoolPsychMom

Chirping
May 23, 2022
South Mississippi
Chick pic.jpeg

We have 3 Rhode Island Reds, approximately 5 1/2 weeks. This one is a bit more aggressive and spends a lot more time observing the environment than the others. I know it's early and I don't see a waddle, however, I've only had a chickens for a year. Our 3 Reds and 2 Barred Rocks, all about 5 1/2 weeks old, will be joining our flock of 3 Buff Orpingtons and 3 Ameraucana hens when they get a bit bigger. What do you think, a hen or a roo?

Still a little early. This isn't the best picture for comb and wattle development to be visible, but I'd say cockerel. Your teen has a good eye

View attachment 3525710
We have 3 Rhode Island Reds, approximately 5 1/2 weeks. This one is a bit more aggressive and spends a lot more time observing the environment than the others. I know it's early and I don't see a waddle, however, I've only had a chickens for a year. Our 3 Reds and 2 Barred Rocks, all about 5 1/2 weeks old, will be joining our flock of 3 Buff Orpingtons and 3 Ameraucana hens when they get a bit bigger. What do you think, a hen or a roo?
It is a bit early, but I'm saying it's a roo. That comb is bigger than my 9-week-old hen's! 😳

Back
Top Bottom