My three babes... In from the cold... 1/07/2010

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by texascowboy1979, Jan 7, 2010.

1. texascowboy1979

texascowboy1979 Chillin' With My Peeps

So I was told that they chickens will be fine in the cold, but i did not want to take a chance on my 3 special babes... So I brogh them in... its only for 2 or 3 days... They are in the hall in my house. Check it out..
    This is them outside...

Black male
    [​IMG]

Black Hen
    [​IMG]

Gray hen
    [​IMG]

this is them inside...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

I bet they don't mind being warm! Happy chickens make happy people![​IMG]

3. goldeneggtees

goldeneggtees Fluffy Butt Nut

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    That's nice!!!!![​IMG]

4. texascowboy1979

So... this morning.. My rooster, whos in the house... decided to wake me up at 3am, 4am, 5am, 6am... and after that... I did not wake up til 8:30 when the phone rang..

5. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

LOL...was he crowing because he was so happy to be warm???? Or was he crowing a "where the heck am I" crow??? And did the crow echo up and down the hallways??? [​IMG]

6. texascowboy1979

the bedroom door was closed shut... and it sounded like if he was sitting next to my ear in bed... thats how bad it echoed and loud it was... all my chickens did was scrach scrach scrach.. but man... that rooster has a set of lungs.

7. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    LOL!!! I have a serama rooster on my enclosed front porch (right in front of my bedroom) and it drives me nuts when he crows, I can only imagine a full blown rooster bouncing his crow up and down the hallway.

Glad they stayed warm and comfy inside.

8. Lady Catrina

Lady Catrina Out Of The Brooder

Jan 8, 2010
    Joshua, Texas
    I'm glad you were able to do that - I have a question, though - will this make it harder to bring them back to the flock when they are returned outside? That has always been a concern of mine. Whattdaya think?

9. texascowboy1979

actually... they are segrigated into breeds...

THe frizzle are with the frizzles in there own pen, the regular chickens are loose on the ranch... and my 3 aracana chickens have there own pen.. thats why I brought the 3 in together...

I have one young male ameracana that has trouble adapting to the regular chickens cause the rooster always chases him away... but once he's full grown... Im using him on the regualer chickens.

Each time i got a new chicken... the chicken took about 2 weeks before intergrating into the group...

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  10. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't your 'gray' hen actually be a splash? Or is the term different in Araucanas?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by