My three rescue girls and advice needed

Offer the oyster shell in a separate dish. They'll just eat it as they need it. :)
Yes, okay. Thank you for that. My girl with a pendulous crop is full of it. She feels like a beany toy. I'm hoping she will shift them once she gets her crop bra? She had this big crop almost from the start but then she was tangled upside down for a long time. Terrible state when she got to me. I didn't think she would make it but she's got this far. :)

Here are my three girls. As you can see Lucky is a paler colour and her cone is very small. Is she a different breed?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-10-17 at 3.52.16 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-10-17 at 3.52.16 PM.jpeg
    564.7 KB · Views: 1
Awe how cute girly wigs.
Yes I have 4 Edna ( great grandma) , Zora ( my bossy aunt) , Barbie ( my mum) and last but not least my sweetest girl Aretha ... A black australorp after the queen of soul. ! View attachment 2863040ednaView attachment 2863042Zora the BOSSView attachment 2863045my dear quiet, reliable BarbieView attachment 2863047And the youngest girl Aretha.

I do only give them romaine and spinach. Iceberg is junk lettuce. I might try the mashed potato yum mix.
I didn't see these lovely photos before. How lovely are these dear little things. Not at all like my raggedy things :lol: I've had to take the flight feathers off as they kept flying off as well :lau These are just gorgeous :love

1/16 teaspoon Ginger Powder (you can even use the contents of a human Ginger capsule)
1/16 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
1/16 teaspoon Cayenne Powder
1 teaspoon of Lemon Juice

What is the 1/16, please??? This makes no sense to me at all
Don't know what recipe is for but here's conversion chart.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211017-181659.png
    Screenshot_20211017-181659.png
    506.3 KB · Views: 0
Don't know what recipe is for but here's conversion chart.
Hey, it's from the link that was first given to me for crop disorders. I thought I would try this as she now has a big hard ball in her crop. Though it feels more like a dough crop than a compacted one and she is still eating happily. I have found another recipe now as this was one is just too confusing.

Hey, it's from the link that was first given to me for crop disorders. I thought I would try this as she now has a big hard ball in her crop. Though it feels more like a dough crop than a compacted one and she is still eating happily. I have found another recipe now as this was one is just too confusing.
I would isolate her to a crate with only water. Give her a stimulant free stool softener. Squeeze the contents of a capsule into some baby food with water so you can draw it into a syringe and give it to her orally. Then give her about 40-50 mls of water either tubed into the crop or carefully dribbled into her beak for her to swallow (without causing her to aspirate) followed by a crop massage. Give her another 40-50 mls of water every 2 hours along with another crop massage for the rest of the day.
At the end of the day, give her about 2 tsp of refrigerated coconut oil, more water and the final crop massage.
Check to see if the crop is empty by morning. If it is, keep her in the crate for the day but give her a wet mash made from her feed along with fresh water and give her all she wants to eat for the day. Remove it at night then check her crop in the morning to make sure it's empty. Then you can let her rejoin the flock.

I would isolate her to a crate with only water. Give her a stimulant free stool softener. Squeeze the contents of a capsule into some baby food with water so you can draw it into a syringe and give it to her orally. Then give her about 40-50 mls of water either tubed into the crop or carefully dribbled into her beak for her to swallow (without causing her to aspirate) followed by a crop massage. Give her another 40-50 mls of water every 2 hours along with another crop massage for the rest of the day.
At the end of the day, give her about 2 tsp of refrigerated coconut oil, more water and the final crop massage.
Check to see if the crop is empty by morning. If it is, keep her in the crate for the day but give her a wet mash made from her feed along with fresh water and give her all she wants to eat for the day. Remove it at night then check her crop in the morning to make sure it's empty. Then you can let her rejoin the flock.
Hello and thank you so much for this. When I inspected her yesterday morning I could no longer feel the lump and she was back to having a crop full of liquid again so I've started treatment for the sour crop. She has a crop bra on now as it's very pendulous but she's not overly happy about that. I've given her oral thrush cream three times and she's had a crop full of natural live yogurt and scrambled eggs made only with water. I've given her meal worms and that has been it. No carbs.

I have to be super careful with this chicken as she hurts herself if she's not happy and that is how I got her in the first place. She decided no matter what she was going through a fence and got so caught up in it that her skin came away when rescued and the other chickens had started to eat her. She often has a paddy and throws herself into the wire or fence and seems more intent on hurting herself than not. As soon as I separated her yesterday she was straight back to hurting herself.

Back
Top Bottom