My turken rooster is a wuss

cristianmonico

In the Brooder
Jan 14, 2022
My turkey rooster has been chased by the chickens since he was little now almost full grown towers over the hens but still gets chased away what is his issue can I cure it?

How old is he? I'm guessing just a cockerel well schooled by the hens. Such birds as they mature tend to become the best flock roosters.

My turkey rooster has been chased by the chickens

Male turkeys are called toms, not roosters. At first I read rooster and thought he was a chicken.

My guess is still that he is immature and the hens are bullying him. He is not yet sure enough of himself to stand up to them. It's not size that is important it, it's the personality of the hens and the personality and maturity of the turkey.

At some point he will develop the maturity to stand up to them. They will then either leave him alone or he will teach them to.

Or is he a turken rooster as in your title? If he is the answer is still the same. Time will take care of it, either peacefully or possibly with some violence.

Male turkeys are called toms, not roosters. At first I read rooster and thought he was a chicken.

My guess is still that he is immature and the hens are bullying him. He is not yet sure enough of himself to stand up to them. It's not size that is important it, it's the personality of the hens and the personality and maturity of the turkey.

At some point he will develop the maturity to stand up to them. They will then either leave him alone or he will teach them to.
Is the OP’s bird a turkey or a turken? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom