My Turkey developed a strange attitude

FARKESU

Songster
6 Years
Feb 21, 2017
Hi there! I've noticed some strange behaviour in my turkey though am not all. Conversant with turkey. It squat and keep silent for some time then it goes its normal business. I keep on caressing it but it did not run away. Is it a sickness?

I don't know turkeys but that behavior seems to mimic what a chicken hen does when she is ready to be mated. You could also post your question at "Turkey thread." Just put that in the search box above and it will come up for you.
welcome-byc.gif

Greetings from Kansas and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our community! I second the advice of D'Diva - visit the folks in the Turkey Forum - they may be able to lend you a hand. Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!

Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice already so I'll just say hello!

All the best
CT

G’Day from down under FARKESU
frow.gif
Welcome!

Sorry, I know nothing about turkeys but you have been given some good advice.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Hi there and welcome to the chicken club! I am so glad you joined BYC, please make yourself at home and enjoy yourself here! :frow

~Cuz

Am grateful for your contributions on my post. I really appreciate your familiarization. However, before I read your suggestions I took my turkey to vet doctor who told me not to worry. It is a hen in need of mating. Waaw! I dont know being new to turkeys. Now I have to look for a tom!

Good day all chickens here. The weather here is cool and a little windy. I think is nice for my flocks. Hurray!

Back
Top Bottom