My turkey is acting sick PLEASE HELP

Pics

Birdperson1000

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2020
I just woke up and my turkey is acting completely different
He went poop which is normal but he's all hunched over and he keeps like swallowing?
And his crop feels full idk what to do. I don't want him to die

I would try gently massaging his crop. Don't do it too hard. He may have a blockage. Sometimes they eat stuff they shouldn't.

How old is it?

It sounds like he might have eaten too fast or gotten something too big. I've had turkey hens do this a few times where they eat WAY too much and they have to stand there for a couple minutes to get it all down. Do you see any bulges in the side of his neck? If you do you might be able to help massage it gently down. You could definitely try massaging his crop as well to help make more room.

It sounds like he might have eaten too fast or gotten something too big. I've had turkey hens do this a few times where they eat WAY too much and they have to stand there for a couple minutes to get it all down. Do you see any bulges in the side of his neck? If you do you might be able to help massage it gently down. You could definitely try massaging his crop as well to help make more room.
You mean like when they swallow a whole cherry tomato? :rolleyes: That does pass after a few minutes, but I swear they are about to choke to death.

Yesterday he was eating like that but it was only his feed. Honestly yeah he eats so much that I think he's choking so I have to take the food away from him so he can swallow. And on Friday he was eating a bunch of weeds from the yard. He hasn't eaten anything today and his crop is full and squishy, I've just been giving him lots of water and tried to massage his crop but he got pretty mad at me. Right now he's just kind of hunched over and closing his eyes

Back
Top Bottom