my turkey's leg turned green... please help.

johnjohngo

In the Brooder
Nov 20, 2021
I am new to backyard chickens and turkeys. I started my chickens and turkeys this summer. everything is amazingly fun.
but recently, my turkeys are getting a little bit aggressive. they start to fight with each other.
the turkeys are 3 months old now.
yesterday I noticed a turkey's leg has problems. she looks like refused to move and hid in a corner.
then I took her out of the coop and bring her back to my house. this morning I noticed that one side of the leg and thigh turned green.
I was shocked by this, it looks like something is not good.
and she looks in severe pain and stressed. I touch the leg and it feels overly warm.
I don't know this is because of infection or muscle necrosis.
should I just euthanize her to reduce the pain, or give her some antibiotics and keep her to see what will happen?

here I attach some pics of her leg.
thank you guys so much for your help.
2021-11-20 15.15.06.jpg
2021-11-20 15.15.27.jpg
2021-11-20 15.15.50.jpg
2021-11-20 15.15.59.jpg

It looks like a very painful bruise to me. They turn green in chickens.
I checked her last night, there is no bone broken or very severe issue, but this morning looks like this. I gave her antibiotics this afternoon then she got better for a little bit, but she seems to have a fever or something. she is very warm on the head.

I checked her last night, there is no bone broken or very severe issue, but this morning looks like this. I gave her antibiotics this afternoon then she got better for a little bit, but she seems to have a fever or something. she is very warm on the head.
Something could've happened during the night. I wish I knew how 2 help

Back
Top Bottom