my turkeys!!

simplycreative

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 13, 2010
Waynesboro, GA
well, my little flock got off to a shakey start, i lost 4 out of 10 of the BRs and one of the slates, then a little latter lost another slate to the dogs ....
somad.gif

they are now about 2 1/2 months old and i am loving having the little buggers. they follow me around, a few of them sit next to me when i sit outside and watch them. I have found the BRs to be much more personable than the slate's who seem a bit more skittish about people.

it looks like i have 3 hens and 3 toms in the burbon reds... so will eat one tom and save the others for mating for spring.

out of the slates it seems i have 4 hens, 3 toms and one im on the fence about.

Here are some pictures i took this evening

48918_picture_343.jpg

48918_picture_342.jpg

48918_picture_337.jpg

48918_picture_332.jpg

48918_picture_317.jpg

48918_picture_321.jpg

Last edited:
OMG OMG OMG OMG I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
THEY ARE SO GORGEOUS!!!! Oh, I wish I was your neighbor and you would let me come visit them every day.

I WANT TURKEYS TOO! I want some of my own, my very own! Trying to talk the hubby into it. He likes the Eastern Wild Turkeys, but they are soooo BORING! And thank goodness, you can't have them in the state I live in. I always liked the royal palm, but yours are beautiful too.

Have they done anything cute??

i have a few cats outside that keep the rodent population down, one of the girls went into the fenced in area and layed around watching the turkeys then got up to leave, as she was walking out of the fenced area the turkeys started following her. she stoped looked back, and the flock stopped and watched her, then she started walking again, they followed.... she stoped and looked back, they all stoped and looked at her...... she took off like a bat outa H@!!..... turkeys just stood there like ..... hey whats wrong !!

i was laughing so hard

simplycreative

Its amazing how fast they grow and how much they change. Mine are just a few weeks older than yours, and yours look so young.

C'mon NC29. Just sneak out and buy one. Just one. Once your hubby sees it he will be hooked!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom