My turn for day 18! **Day 20 Update-Pips**

You are right! Chick number 1 has hatched and is peeping up a storm! Its a bad pic but its the only one I could get.....

chick1.gif

I was doing my first attempt with meat birds ... cornish X. I'm pretty sure the humidity was the problem. I opened the lid and added water and candled the eggs too much. I didn't increase the humidity to 70% either. Just added more water....

This one seems to be going good. The others should hatch soon because this little chick is calling them and bowling around their eggs!

Well Cyn, looks like I have 100% pip for the Blue Orp/Buff Brahma's! All 6 have pipped and three have already hatched. Silvers americana has hatched. She has yellow tips on her wings. Charlotts has not pipped yet nor have the BR/RIR. Day 21 starts in an hour so we'll see what tomorrow brings! When Suedes chicks are ready to hatch they zip and are out in no time!

Woke up this morning and there are 5 little chicks in the bator and two more with pips. Today is day 20 for the Millie Fluer's so maybe I'll have more when I return from work this afternoon. I'll get pics when I take them out of the bator.

Back
Top Bottom