My twelve 6 week old baby chickens disappears one by one and now im down to four.

Why would you release the little ones? They grow up to be big ones.

we don't want to kill the little animals that's the reason we just release them from a faraway place from our house. (but i guess i have no choice and ill be using rat poison this time as things here have gotten worse.)

Careful with the glue traps too, I've had wild birds get stuck in it. Rat cages seems to be the safest but then you'll need to figure a way to dispose of them, now I understand your "trap & release". My Dad would drown then, he had a 5 gal bucket that he'd fill with water & submerse the trap. I thought it "cruel & slow" :(

I've seen where some have made traps out of buckets for mice - Fill the bucket with water about half way maybe less. Bridge the top (open bucket) with a branch or piece of wood. About the middle dangle the bait on a wire or string. Idea was the mouse would get up the bucket, on to the wood to get the bait, as it goes down the wire/string for the bait, falls in the bucket of water & drowns. Too bad you can't get the spring loaded traps.

Good luck

trap and release is not applicable this time as they know the location of the coop and the little chickens before, So far i didnt have any dead or injured chickens after i removed the remaining 3. we also manage to catch 2 mice (brown mice) yesterday via mouse trap, they are medium sized and we decided to just put them directly under the sun. (they are dead after 4 hours.)

I've also read about the bucket with a string on facebook before, they usually use peanut butter as bait or (so i've heard). it is also a good method but ill stick to rat glue and rat traps for now. Thanks for the info anyway.

Back
Top Bottom