MY TWO MONTH GUINEA CANNOT DIGEST FOOD AND IS WEARY

Lovem all

Songster
Jul 29, 2020
My mom helped a duck and chicken by giving them apple cider viniger in water and some egg yolk and some oil in water.

R2elk

Magical, perfect creature
Premium Feather Member
Feb 24, 2013
Natrona County, Wyoming
My Coop
AM so disturbed that my only 2 month guinea cannot digest the food it consumed the previous day which makes it in serious fatigue. Please help me with advice/remedy.
Thank you.
Search the Emergencies forum for impacted crop. The treatment for a guinea with an impacted crop is the same as for a chicken with an impacted crop.

Mixed flock enthusiast

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
May 21, 2018
Stillwater, OK
Hi FARKESU, how is your guinea? Were you able to treat it’s crop problem? You might want to think about what could have caused this to help the rest of your flock. Are they free ranging or penned? Do they have grit available? Are there foreign objects, like styrofoam, that they might be eating? Or long pieces of grass?

I hope your guinea is feeling better! :fl

FARKESU

Chirping
Feb 21, 2017
Hi FARKESU, how is your guinea? Were you able to treat it’s crop problem? You might want to think about what could have caused this to help the rest of your flock. Are they free ranging or penned? Do they have grit available? Are there foreign objects, like styrofoam, that they might be eating? Or long pieces of grass?

I hope your guinea is feeling better! :fl
Its getting better but I was baffled before then. What I think is that they eat styrofoam cause they are free ranging. Am very grateful for your contributions. Cheers!

FARKESU

Chirping
Feb 21, 2017
Search the Emergencies forum for impacted crop. The treatment for a guinea with an impacted crop is the same as for a chicken with an impacted crop.
I really am happy when I searched for the problem Impacted crop remedy. I did my best though its my first experience. I was able to removed some part of it and it worked well. Thank you for your highlight.

Top Bottom