my very first "shop project" evar! LOOK!

Quote:
Thank you!

A chicken breeder friend of mine showed me how to make the box but his model did not have side ventilation and had two simple mesh panels in front, to allow 2 boxes inside the big one. I modified it to suit my needs and added a "real" door
smile.png

Quote:
I for sure will invest in good locks for all my "condos"! Right now they are in a secure garage and we have no raccoons in our neighborhood, but yes you never know. It's all I had on hand at the time, I'll go buy better equipment!

I want to thank everyone for the kind comments, advice and kudos - you've made it all worth while (and so say the silkies, LOL!)

The plan is to keep these "condos" in the garage and when the warm weather comes (april, hopefully) I will be building a couple A-frame chicken tractors, which the silkies and other chickens will live in until next winter (each breed their own space).

woot.gif

You did good, techno!!
big_smile.png
I wouldn't put a roost in...they're silkies and typically they just make silkie piles on the floor anyway. It is such a sense of satisfaction, isn't it? You are woman, hear you roar!!!
lol.png

My silkies loooove to roost... they mutter if they have to sleep on the floor
roll.png

I'll put a low bar in there just to make them happy - yeah, I know they're spoiled.... LOL!

ep.gif
WOW!!! this was your first time building anything? No way I don't belive you that condo is to nice just needs some barn red paint with white trim to look better
lol.png

As for the HC it can be abear at times but but I have learned to use is a big pair of tin shears (look like shears only bigger) they make short work of it for sure. I for one am very proud of you Techno.
"You will learn much more young grasshopper if you travle this road of silkie enlightenment". *bow's*
lau.gif

Good job hope to see more of them.

thanks for the tips, guys! I will go to the hardware store and look for those shears, because with the tiny wire cutter it's a nightmare! LOL

Back
Top Bottom