My wife and I just had that "We need to talk"conversation...

Pics
I audibly gasped and clutched my chest. My eye actually twitched.

Me too. It was painful. *clutched pearls*

5c33734b33e87f8d4ae68463a59934b3.gif

By creating a weird design Pallet fence on 1/3 of his spare city lot, my dear Partner accidentally made 2 perfect areas where young chickens can explore being Chickens near our original flock, sharing walls. I have 18 eggs ready to go into the new Incubator today!

Since they are USPS Shipped eggs, I won't put in rollers til Candling on day 3. I started a thread FIRST HATCH in the Incubation Forum for those who want to follow the Journey...and help id specialty crossed Chicks in 25 days. We have a large corner lot, which allows more birds than others in the city - and a Permit Inspection exists if needed - now run by our City Office of Sunstainability...which began its existence with a Know where your Food comes from Campaign - focusing on Chicken first. Yea Portland!

I didn't know black leghorns were a thing. Just today I've seen them mentioned twice. So much prettier then the whites and browns..
Thanks for posting those pics.
When my Exchequer Leghorn starts laying larger eggs, I'd love to have her Bred to a Roo like that. She'd make an awful mother tho, lol - happy to do the hatch if some one wants to put up with her for a month or 2. I can tell the fam she escaped to be able to fly, show off and lecture another flock.

Back
Top Bottom