My wife forgot our six-year-old at the gym!

I'll bet she's beating herself up about it alot right now...20yrs from now it'll be funny to her...but right now, not so much.

The morning I was to marry my husband, my matron of honor and I load up the dresses and jump in the car and head out to the beauty salon...bout 2 mins down the road she says..."Aren't we suppose to bring Courtney?"(my daughter and flower girl) I was mortified and felt like I should be wearing a dunce cap.
ep.gif
We turned around to go get her...she was loading into the van with all the boys who were gonna drop her off on the way to get the cake. Funny now, but not so much then.
barnie.gif

One time at home depot we loaded all our purchases into the car and DH took the cart back to the "cart corral" and comes back to the car and gets in. I say to him..."Where's Meg?" He stops for a minute thinking and says...in the cart. I start to laugh, as he sheepishly gets out to go get her. I'll have to tell her that story some time when she's older. Too funny.
gig.gif

I hope she'll feel better knowing that we all have moments of absentia. Enjoy your "get out of jail free" card...make sure its a goodie
woot.gif

Uh, oh! A definite case of Momnesia!
fl.gif

My favorite is the one about the mom who is sitting at the table with her two older kids and notices that her very active 10-month-old is not in sight. "Where's the baby?!" she cries. "Mom", the kids say, rolling their eyes, "You're nursing her."

Bless her heart. I bet she paniced when she realized what she had done. I never forgot one of mine, but it's only because a friend of mine repeatedly told me a story of when she forgot hers.

Her newborn was only a week old and she had a doctors appointment. She got ready and left to go to the dr. When she got there she realized she had left her newborn in the carseat, sitting on the kitchen counter. Baby was fine when she got home, but what a nightmare!!

lau.gif

I've seen my favorite show, Two and 1/2 Men, when Alan forgets Jake at the soccer field...

"I can't help but think I've forgotten something..."
CUT TO Jake standing in the coccer field, holding a ball in the rain.

then Jake gives him a ration all the way home... Too Funny!

Hey, you're lucky to have a wife that goes to the gym. Just think about that when you feel like whipping out that Monopoly card...

yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
That IS TERRIBLE Buff Hooligans!!

My DH and I were ordering at the restaurant the other night and I told the waitress that I was watching my figure!! DH pipped up and said I'm watching it too...my jaw dropped and he was in serious TROUBLE!!

Then he realized that I thought he meant that he was making sure I stay in SHAPE...then he explained that NO HONEY...you look great and I can't keep my eyes off of you!!

I think he lucked OUT with that SAVE!! LOL

Oh no.. I know she must feel terrible.. I agree it's a woman's worse nightmare....leaving a child..

My uncle, who had 9kids (11yrs old and under), came to visit us--it was a two hr. drive. We kids played, adults chatted, played horse shoes, cooked out -- they stayed all day long...then just before dark they loaded up and went home.... After they left my mom went to the bathroom to find my cousin sitting on the pottie! This was before everyone had phones, and no one had a cell phone! They got all the way home before they 'counted heads' out of the station wagon!!
wink.png

Quote:
gig.gif
lau.gif

..............UM, MOM..........chop liver over here!.....Remember me?........IM YOUR SON!!
smack.gif

Sorry, gotta get off now. Something tells me to go turn on the TV. I think there's something on CNN or Headline news.

Oh gosh.... I'm happy my daughter is 24 and on her own...
I can't tell you the times I ran out to the parking lot at work, when she was young, to make sure I dropped her at the babysitter!
Things become so darn routine, and busy, all at the same time, that, even though one would think it couldn't happen-- these things do!!! Hope she's gotten over it by now!

I babysit all the time and like a month ago I was babysitting a little boy the mom told me to take him to the park to wear him out befour I put him to bed. Well we were there I called the mom to ask what to feed him for dinner and I hung up and he was gone I almost had a heart attack and I yell his name and here a coming and 2 min. later herehe comes around the school.

Back
Top Bottom