My wife won't let me see my kid...

loveshine

In the Brooder
Jun 8, 2020

Yep that's what's happening to my buttonquails.

Ever since the female went broody, she hates seeing her hubby. Whenever he gets close, she makes that angry chirping sound, warning him to go away.

It got even worse when the first chick hatched this morning, and the dad wasn't allowed to see his own kid, I feel sorry for him. Sometimes the dad managed to get closer, he lightly groomed his own baby and was being very gentle.

I just don't understand why female gets so pissed at her hubby.

Yep that's what's happening to my buttonquails.

Ever since the female went broody, she hates seeing her hubby. Whenever he gets close, she makes that angry chirping sound, warning him to go away.

It got even worse when the first chick hatched this morning, and the dad wasn't allowed to see his own kid, I feel sorry for him. Sometimes the dad managed to get closer, he lightly groomed his own baby and was being very gentle.

I just don't understand why female gets so pissed at her hubby.
Lol!!! (Maybe edit the title and add in parentheses (quail))

Poor little guy - he knows he should be helping. 🥰

Hopefully he'll be allowed to get more involved as the chicks start to move about. The cock is usually the one to go and round up any chicks that have strayed too far.

Now the couple is grooming each other in the nest, I guess they are ok now. :D Hopefully I get to observe the dad taking care of the chicks.

Back
Top Bottom