My wonderful husband just had an accident in his fuel truck

Quote:
From what I could get out of him he was cut off by a driver on the expressway and crashed. People do not realize how difficult it is to slow down in a fuel tanker, or they just don't care....

People do not understand what it takes to slow down and/or stop any big truck. A friend of mine was driving a big truck hauling doubles loaded full of tomatoes. Some idiot cut her off. She ended up rolling the truck in her efforts to avoid hitting him. It took four hours to cut her out of the wreckage. Her truck and its load were a total loss and she spent several weeks in the hospital. Meanwhile the guy who caused all this continued on his merry way. I thought everyone would have been a whole lot better off if she had just run him over.

Quote:
From what I could get out of him he was cut off by a driver on the expressway and crashed. People do not realize how difficult it is to slow down in a fuel tanker, or they just don't care....

People do not understand what it takes to slow down and/or stop any big truck. A friend of mine was driving a big truck hauling doubles loaded full of tomatoes. Some idiot cut her off. She ended up rolling the truck in her efforts to avoid hitting him. It took four hours to cut her out of the wreckage. Her truck and its load were a total loss and she spent several weeks in the hospital. Meanwhile the guy who caused all this continued on his merry way. I thought everyone would have been a whole lot better off if she had just run him over.

Wow, I hope she is doing better now.....and I kinda agree with you about your last opinion!

Quote:
The total a$$ left the scene....not
a care in the world I guess

Wondering if anyone saw it and called it in? I witnessed something similar on the highway once. I didn't want to pull over and get involved with the drivers but called it in to the highway patrol. My phone call got the guilty party 'guilty.' Hoping a good samaritan did the same...

Quote:
The total a$$ left the scene....not
a care in the world I guess

Wondering if anyone saw it and called it in? I witnessed something similar on the highway once. I didn't want to pull over and get involved with the drivers but called it in to the highway patrol. My phone call got the guilty party 'guilty.' Hoping a good samaritan did the same...

I hope so, he was so discouraged that nobody stopped to see if he was ok.....he called 911 and when they found out it was a tanker they sent the whole fire dept!

hugs.gif

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom