My youngest has decided to become a vegetarian unless we raise our own

I diddnt mean to sound bossy, sorry! I just was surprised when I read the title, it sounded worse then the story really was.

I will stay out of it from now on!

Actually I got a laugh out of it because I happen to know a couple of children who seem to practice selective vegetarianism as a way to control their parents. When they don't like what is for diner, they pull the vegetarian card and the parents freak out because the kids aren't eating so give them whatever they want.​

there are alot of valid points all over this post and everyone is right in their own way darks kid is right because commercialized meat in some of case's are inhumanly treated I am in no way saying that the meat industry is inhumane to their livestock most places aren't . and it is good to want the meat that is killed for you to have lived a wonderful life until they are killed. you look at meat in the styrafoam trays .. yes it was alive at one point and can be argued that to take that animals life for the purpose of consumtion is inhumane it doesn't change the fact that if you eat it you promote the killing of it. but for a 10 year old kid to make the conscience choice to only eat animals that he knows were treated on the exeptional side is a wonderful thing most adults aren't that aware so your son is one up on those people but I do agree that children should not dictate a households decisions, but should not be dismissed without trying to find a food source that is humane to the animals you choose to eat and in turn get a healthier meal that free range and are just plain happy its just my opinion though and I made no comment with the intention of offending anyone

Wooohoo! That's great, in my opinion!

I've been a Vegetarian all my life, but after watching what factory farms do.....it made me want to stay being a Vegetarian for the rest of my life! It's just awful that so many people don't know about what goes on at some places before it gets to the store or to your table.
sad.png
It's really like a horror movie....
hide.gif
hit.gif

But anyway, if I were you, I would support your son as much as possible. Do not try and force him to eat meat; just make sure he's healthy and happy.
smile.png
In my opinion, I think that a lot more people should be Vegetarians; it's a good diet for you and it's good for animals. FACT: Vegetarians are much less likely to have diabetes, and other things. And I read a story about someone who became a Vegetarian(can't remember where I saw it or who it was) and they noticed right away that their skin was more pure looking, their hair shined more....
thumbsup.gif

Oh, and sooo many people think that Vegetarians eat only tofu and lettuce and "nasty" stuff. But trust me, this is waaaay WAAY far from being true!
roll.png
There are soo many choices out there to eat, without choosing meat; such a veggie burgers(which are really good! i must say, I don't like the ones that taste nasty because they have pieces of veggies in them, but Boca Burger sells veggie-burgers that taste awesome!
pop.gif
And there are veggie-dogs, veggie "turkey"(or "tofurkey" as some people call it
cool.png
), veggie sausage.....the list is almost endless!
droolin.gif

But anyway, just support your son and make sure he's happy and healthy. he's a good kid! some kids don't care about animals, but your son probably does.
smile.png

Oh and you can find Vegetarian "meats" at most grocery stores....such as Wal-Mart, Whole Foods, etc...

Good luck!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom