Mycoplasma gallisepticum? Or irritated eyes?

Sorry I've been busy. It's canker is what they have. So this is my plan for now. The hen that might have Mycoplasma gallisepticum, I'm going to treat with animal eye stuff. The sebright with puss, I'm going to get the puss out and get her better. The hen with maybe MG I'll keep he by her self and get rid of it. I'll keep her by herself and see if she relaps. If she does then I will make a deashion then. I can give cou all updates if you would like one the progress. Thank you @MysteryChicken, @Eggcessive, @casportpony. Thank you all for your help!

Are you getting something to treat the canker? Mycoplasma (MG) is a chronic disease for life. Symptoms may disappear with an oral antibiotic such as Tylosin, doxycycline, Baytril, and others. They can come back whenever she has any stress, and they are carriers. It is a common disease in backyard flocks, so it means that with MG and canker, you should not ever rehome any birds.

Are you getting something to treat the canker? Mycoplasma (MG) is a chronic disease for life. Symptoms may disappear with an oral antibiotic such as Tylosin, doxycycline, Baytril, and others. They can come back whenever she has any stress, and they are carriers. It is a common disease in backyard flocks, so it means that with MG and canker, you should not ever rehome any birds.
Is there an organic way to treat canker? The hen with maybe MG does not have bubbles in her eyes now, but like you said symptoms may disappear. I'm going to keep her by herself and see if it comes back. If it dose there will be a tough decision.

Some people have used thyme extract to treat canker, but I would use a proven medication. None of the medications that treat canker are approved for chickens, but it comes down to whether or not to treat or cull the birds. You can give the thyme extract a try and let us know if it helps. It is available on Amazon and in stores that sell supplements. To keep other chickens from getting canker, clean and disinfect waterers and feeders, prevent wild birds or pigeons from using them, and acidified copper sulfate (never use plain copper sulfate) can be used to help prevent it. Dosage is 1/4 tsp per gallon of water for 3 days each month. Here is a link for that:
https://www.jefferspet.com/products...MI-_nW8-yT7AIVA9bACh00xwXIEAQYASABEgK33fD_BwE

Two of my chicken have bubbles in their eye. I whyped the bubbles out twist yesterday. It's better today. I just noticed it yesterday. They are both about 7 months old. It's been pretty dusty here, could it just be irritated eyes? They are quarantined. The sebright does not close her eyes. She was being shy with the camera. They seem fine other than their eyes.
I’m not at all an expert on problems like this, but with my duck hens, I’ve seen some of the same symptoms with sticky eye. Essentially, sticky eye happens when something gets in or scratches a birds eye which causes foaming or bubbles, but is definitely get it looked at before brushing it off as that.

I’m not at all an expert on problems like this, but with my duck hens, I’ve seen some of the same symptoms with sticky eye. Essentially, sticky eye happens when something gets in or scratches a birds eye which causes foaming or bubbles, but is definitely get it looked at before brushing it off as that.
The we right with the swollen part on her head I think scratched her eye. The other hen with bubbles/foam in her eyes has gotten over it now but I am still keep her by her self encase it it MG. I am going to see if she has a relapse of it. Thanks for your help too! I hope it's just scratched eyes.

Back
Top Bottom