Mycoplasma gallisepticum? Please help.

Sorry I didn’t update sooner! I totally forgot.
They seem to be doing somewhat better. I’ve been giving them oil of Oregano. I know it won’t cure whatever this is, it seemed to help relive some symptoms.
The chick with the watery eye looks almost normal. The swelling is mostly gone, and it’s only a tiny bit watery. I’ll get pics later.
I still notice rales and sneezing in others. One other had a foamy eye.

I’m try to find somewhere else to get them tested. The darn state still hasn’t called me back, despite me calling again.:he

Sorry I didn’t update sooner! I totally forgot.
They seem to be doing somewhat better. I’ve been giving them oil of Oregano. I know it won’t cure whatever this is, it seemed to help relive some symptoms.
The chick with the watery eye looks almost normal. The swelling is mostly gone, and it’s only a tiny bit watery. I’ll get pics later.
I still notice rales and sneezing in others. One other had a foamy eye.

I’m try to find somewhere else to get them tested. The darn state still hasn’t called me back, despite me calling again.:he
With the foamy eye you can pretty well diagnose it via symptoms as MG. :(

I'm glad they are doing better, but the fact that the state hasn't gotten back to you is absolutely apalling. MG is a serious disease, but it is 100% curable. You have to give them some proper antibiotics, but for now you can give them some garlic juice water. Take one head, squeeze it and then mix the juice with water (5 liters which I believe is a little over 1 gallon). It's a natural antibiotic and while it won't cure MG, it may help alleviate some of the symptoms.

I'm glad they are doing better, but the fact that the state hasn't gotten back to you is absolutely apalling. MG is a serious disease, but it is 100% curable. You have to give them some proper antibiotics, but for now you can give them some garlic juice water. Take one head, squeeze it and then mix the juice with water (5 liters which I believe is a little over 1 gallon). It's a natural antibiotic and while it won't cure MG, it may help alleviate some of the symptoms.

It's not curable. They will be carriers for life. Antibiotics may reduce/remove the current symptoms, but the symptoms will appear again in times of stress and the disease can impact egg production.

Thanks all.
I know, I'm so mad at the state.:he
I forgot to mention, I have been giving them garlic in their water already, along with AVC and Oregano oil.
I know it's likely to be MG.:( I'm holding onto (a probably foolish) hope.

Back
Top Bottom