Mysterious Blue Egg

Mackpeeps

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 29, 2015
Our flock of 11 hens have been all laying now for a couple months. We have 8 Barred Rocks, 2 brown eggers and 1 olive egger. Today this blue egg was found on the coop floor. Is it possible that our "olive egger" is actually a "blue egger"? 🤔
20201126_135021.jpg

Above is the blue egg. Below is the blue egg next to one of the olive eggs.
20201126_135054.jpg

Our flock of 11 hens have been all laying now for a couple months. We have 8 Barred Rocks, 2 brown eggers and 1 olive egger. Today this blue egg was found on the coop floor. Is it possible that our "olive egger" is actually a "blue egger"? 🤔View attachment 2426175
Above is the blue egg. Below is the blue egg next to one of the olive eggs.
View attachment 2426179
Does not look blue in the photo. Try taking a photo of both eggs on white paper with good lighting!
Olive egger egg looks more pale green to me as well.
Could actually be from the same chicken, their can be some subtle variation in shade.
Photo of the bird in question, too!

Here's a picture of our "olive egger". The kids named her "Agent"🤷‍♂️
20201127_081137.jpg

And here is hopefully a better picture of the blue egg.
20201127_082532.jpg

It sounds like she'll be laying today. So I guess we'll see. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Here's a picture of our "olive egger". The kids named her "Agent"🤷‍♂️View attachment 2426936
And here is hopefully a better picture of the blue egg. View attachment 2426937
It sounds like she'll be laying today. So I guess we'll see. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
I believe the pale egg is from the same chicken. It looks more like a paler version of the others. There can be variations in shading more or less “Ink” so to speak.😊
Agent is a beautiful hen! Cute name!

Blue egg is just missing it's brown coating..... Spray Booth Glitch.

There are basically only white and blue shells.
Brown eggs have brown coating on white shells.
Green eggs have brown coating on blue shells.
The brown coating can be very light or very dark, and can vary day to day.
Then the bloom can add another aspect to the egg color.
Pink/purplish eggs are from the bloom on a brown egg.

Back
Top Bottom